Every year, we invite honorary jurors who are the movers in the design disciplines. As we honor their design knowledge and experience without prejudice, they equally evaluate design competition entries worldwide. UDA honors and thank them for their valuable service to UDA.
Honorary Jurors are…
AIGA Medalist, CEO Coy LA, Los Angeles, USA
John Coy is one of the founders of the AIGA/LA chapter and its first president. He established Coy, Los Angeles, in 1980, focusing on corporate identity and publication design for clients in the performing and fine arts. His work has influenced Los Angeles through work for the J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Los Angeles Opera, Laguna College of Art and Design, and Chester College of New England. Many of Coy’s designs are in museum collections, including New York’s Cooper Hewitt, and Smithsonian Design Museum. Coy has taught design at Otis College of Art and Design, ArtCenter, California Institute of the Arts, Laguna College of Art and Design, and the University of California, Los Angeles. In 2011, Coy became an AIGA Fellow.
- CEO & Creative Director of Coy LA, USA
- AIGA Medalist
- One of the founders of the AIGA/LA chapter
- The first president of the AIGA/LA chapter
Creative Director at CUE, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Alan Colvin has worked within branding and design companies, on the client side, as an independent consultant, and as a business owner. Working with some of the best creative talents globally, across design and communication disciplines, and including two AIGA medalists, Alan has created and led award-winning work in brand identity, print, packaging, digital and environmental design.
Creative Director at Kame Design, Germany
Joachim’s capabilities span information design, logos, identity design, illustration, character creation, typography, and typeface design, offering 31 years of experience in print media and 21 years in web, interface, and type design. He taught and lectured on information and type design in over ten countries. His work is characterized by an expressive, direct visual language that always comes to the point. In addition, his diverse background and interest in Asia and Europe make him quintessentially cross-cultural, between modernist and experimental.
- CEO & Creative Director of Kame Design, Germany
- Professor of Paju Typography Institute (PaTI), Korea
- Gold Prize, Morisawa Typeface Design Competition
- The Best Typefaces for the New Millennium by Association Typographique Internationale and United Nations
CEO & FOUNDER Brandcelona (Spain) and Brandlond (UK)
Marc is a cross-sectional designer and brand consultant. He founded brandcelona® in Barcelona and brandlond® in London, a business creative consultancy agency. He combined brand design and consultancy services with university teaching. Marc Guitart has been awarded several international prizes throughout his career and teaches and lectures in different universities internationally.
- Owner and director of the awarded methodology Cyclical Branding
- Worldstar of Packaging. Award for packaging excellence
- DBA, Design Business Association member. London
- Visitor lecturer at IED Barcelona, Madrid and Roma, University of Westminster London, Interamericana de Panama, Universidad Externado de Bogota, Istituto Marangoni London, and other universities.
- Employability Advisory Board Member at the University of Westminster.
Chief of Business Officer at MOVIATION (Vonaer.com), Korea
Martin Han is the Chief of Business Officer at MOVIATION in Korea, specializing in branding, design, advertising, and marketing. Currently, He leads the creative lab and projects by helping VONAER brand establish brand identity through brand design, including creative graphics, video, motion graphics, and 3D animations.